Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The House Quilt

I'm back to share my first project from my number jar.  This one is just known as "The House Quilt".


I have to tell you the truth though.  It never made it into the jar.  I wrote it down and kept it out.  I knew this one would have to be the first.  Daughter M and I started this together, picking fabrics and planning.  The top had been done for a couple years and just hadn't gotten quilted.  For some reason my machine quilting confidence was on hiatus.  I picked this quilt for a project challenge in February with my small quilt group.  Finally, it is done!  The inspiration for the house quilt was this quilt.  It feels good to have it under my belt and to get some of that confidence back.


My usual quilting is "that random allover thing I do".


I try to put in some fun stuff such as the tree in this doorway.


And I occasionally put in words like this one!  (Click any of the pictures to see them larger.)  M is happy and the quilt resides on her bed.

Wishing you progress,
Mrs. Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment